Friday, May 8, 2009

Change

Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ass. And when the dam bursts, all you can do is swim. The world of pretend is a cage, not a cocoon. We can only lie to ourselves for so long. We are tired; we are scared, denying it doesn't change the truth. Sooner or later we have to put aside our denial and face the world. Head on, guns blazing. De Nile. It's not just a river in Egypt, it's a freakin' ocean. So how do you keep from drowning in it?- Grey

We live in a culture that encourages us not to take our own suffering seriously, but rather to make light of it or even to laugh about it. What is more, this attitude is regarded as a virtue, and many people are proud of their lack of sensitivity toward their own fate and particularly toward their fate as a child. Each human being is born as something new, something that never existed before. Each is born with the capacity to win at life. Each person has a unique way of seeing, hearing, touching, tasting, and thinking. Each has his or her own unique potentials – capabilities and limitations. Each can be a significant, thinking, aware, and creative being. We are what we are, I understand that change is an integral part of life, but shouldn’t change be something that’s brings in realization and not be forced down your throat?
I have a hard time accepting what is inevitable in life, something that we humans have to face on a consistent level. Change. This blog post has nothing to do with President Zardari, nor anything that has to do with politics, but what it does have to do with is normal personal changes in life that occur on what seems to be on a regular basis; Disappointment in life, losing a loved one, moving, losing friends, finishing goals and accomplishments. Changes seem to happen when we least expect it, and there are times when we do see the change coming and have time to prepare, though it is still hard sometimes. The hardest ones are when they happen out of the blue, and we don’t even see them coming. They have a way of putting us back in check of reality. It is scary sometimes, because this can cause us to be caught off guard and make us feel insecure. At least that is how I have felt before…

I hate people who pretend to be your support system, who have bonded with you knowing your faults and weaknesses, people who have some power over you, like elders you respect constantly trying to change you for their benefit, so that you may fit into their lifestyle and restore equilibrium to their environment disturbing yours in the process. Nobody has ever been successful in changing people, or manipulating others to their advantage. All these naive schemes backfire and fail causing big damage in the end. I couldn’t take it, why should I change and lose my identity; become someone I’m not, why should I compromise on my greatness. If the basis of change is justified who am I to argue. But for those who feel that changing other is a means of bringing about good, think again. Change yourself and practice what you preach.

I really hate people who give a *beep*, I was that person, about the opinions of other people. I'm going to be quite honest here, I'm not talking about caring if people think you smell bad, that's a given. You should smell decent, if not for anyone else, than for yourself. I'm not talking about people who care what people think of their achievements. You should be proud of your accomplishments. I'm not talking about people who care about what their friends think of their dirty little secrets.

No, I'm going to be frank. I hate people who will read this, think I'm talking about them, and get offended. I hate people who won't say what they want to say because, for whatever reason, the opinion of someone you're never going to have a second chatter with is... important?

3 comments:

Whiny Bitch said...

Change is important in life. You can't go on living without expecting to change, ever. Plus, at the same time, other people's opinions do matter, too. It matters to everyone what people think about them. Everybody, or almost everybody, wears a cloak of pretense because of this very factor. Are you suggesting that we shouldn't? How will people learn to accept each other than?

Unknown said...

your absolutely right, my point here everything happens when it has to. and you should be the one to decide when its time or let it come naturally, others opinion does matter but it doesn't have to be right. my point is to impose change on someone just because you can is wrong...

Whiny Bitch said...

I agree. But, unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. In order to feel "accepted", a lot of people have no choice but to change themselves.