Friday, August 20, 2010

Pursuit of Happiness

There comes a time in everyone’s life when they realize the absolute truth about things. As life goes by, there is this is unimaginable clutter that eats us up from inside. There comes a time when you realize the truth about people and you futures with them no matter how hard you try, the outcome it’s opposite to what you desired. There are times when you hope that things will be all right and some happiness comes your way. No matter what you do, how much you pray, how much faith you have things will never change. Sometimes even good news does not change much, and the loss of someone makes life excruciating and difficult, will definitely miss you.

While I can’t claim to be the happiest person in the world I wish I could), I did learn something about it. So here I’d like to share a few ways to find happiness. Firstly you need to stop comparing yourself with others, I’ve done that a lot and it’s really disturbing because each and every time I’ve turned out to be the better one. Expectations are a true killer, the more you expect the more you’re going to get hurt. It’s important to count your blessings, don’t run after things, and be happy with what you have. Believe in your dreams; never give them up for anything. Giving is an essential key to happiness. While we often think that we will be happier when we receive, the truth is we are happier when we give. This is also one of the most difficult things to apply. Listen more than you speak and yes I know I of all people need to work on that, be spiritual religion will come naturally to you, and last but not least learn to forgive other and more importantly forgive yourself.

All that I’ve said may sound very bookish and unrealistic, but then if you’re trying to find out why your unhappy or just pretending to be happy include the above mentioned ingredients and see the change. There is so much to do and so little time, don’t make that an excuse to do nothing. Love will come, when you’re ready for it, happiness is just a state of mind that is within your reach.

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote down happy.
They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life

No comments: