Thursday, November 12, 2009

Letting Go

In á relationship, parting ways and letting go is not the same for both members. It’s always easier for one compared to another. After spending what might seem like a lifetime with someone, you come to the realization that there are reasons that you have to let them go. There are in our lifetime, many reasons to let someone go, and for various reasons. It might have been caused by the death of a loved one, or perhaps the breakup of a relationship gone sour. One of the most difficult is letting go of a child as they go off to college. Life as you have known it will no longer be the same. Letting go of a life as you have known it, and accepting the changes that come with it, is difficult and can at times, be quite painful. However each of us faces having to Let Someone Go at some time in our lifetime.

I am at that stage in my life where letting go has become imperative. I thought for á major part of the last year that I have to make the decision, but to think of it the decision was made by her. Addiction can be á dreadful thing, and when you existence depends on recognition from others; it’s the beginning of the end. I love you for many reasons, for choosing them over me, for doing so much for them and close to nothing for me. It makes life very hard for me, but you can just go to their party and forget everything. I love you for lying to me and hurting me and then saying that you love me.

The problem is that after all that you did and said, you still think you’re not wrong. And it’s ok, because your happiness lies in being forced to hang out with kids. I’m sorry to say, where is the growth? How do you benefit? The truth is you don’t. I wish you would understand all that and see what’s happening to you. What I’m feeling you will never know. What to put me through you can never imagine. But this is where I draw the line. Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.