Thursday, December 24, 2009

Anger Re-Visited

Anger as soon as fed is dead-
'Tis starving makes it fat.
Emily Dickinson

Everything in life has its roots embedded in something else. You cannot have faith, success and love without hope. How do you manage emotions when there is turbulence in your life? Anger usually takes the front seat. As I understand it, hatred is something like anger, only whereas anger can be brief, hatred is much more durable.

Anger might lead you, while you are in its grip, to want to do something hurtful or harmful to another, or in some other way act in a way that is contrary to or which undermines or frustrates the other's interest, where the other is the object of your anger. People who are angry or who hate may often avoid those at whom they are angry or whom they hate, because they do not wish to experience so vividly these negative impulses, or possibly, because they fear acting on them.

Rumi says when you were born with wings why do you decide to crawl through life? And it’s a fact; it all boils down to our choice. I guess hatred ruins a person when that hatred leads to your destruction. Now what am I suppose to do when large black individuals come at my door step to pick a fight. I am expected to stay calm? Beautiful damsels engage me to tell me my ex is getting engaged isn’t life good? Coming back to the topic in hand, my life takes new turns everyday my temper may be my Achilles heel but I stand by my ambiguous morals. I’ve lost my chain of thought so I’ll end on this note People tend to think I'm always aggressive and strong. The truth is, I've always been wracked with self-loathing, which leads me into terrible, self paralyzing depressions. When I go down to this place, I feel so empty and overwhelmed I can barely move. Many of my instructors will agree with me when I say Speak when you are angry--and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.