Friday, March 5, 2010

Contentment

Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own; he who, secure within, can say, tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.

I guess the biggest problem we all face is finding direction in life, the path of enlightenment which will bring us to the state of contentment in whatever we plan to do. But easier said than done, I guess many people go through life without realizing their purpose. At times it just takes a sitting with one of the most amazing people that I’ve come to known in my life, to talk some sense into me.

Well it’s a fact that great expectations make frustrated men. Our parents from the very beginning teach us not to yearn for the very best- when you do reach for something higher you drop the little bit you have under your arms. So I’m supposed to hold on to what I have and be satisfied for the rest of my life? The wife who expects for affection rather than being loved lives happily ever after? We pray to God and expect miracles, its God we are talking about not Aladdin’s ginne, the less you expect the less you will get frustrated and greater is your happiness when you get more. Love is around the corner, success is too, just have to wait for it. If it doesn’t come, at least we lived like rock stars... right up to our potential...
Love u

No comments: