Thursday, December 2, 2010

Greatness

Friendship's the privilege of private men; for wretched greatness knows no blessing so substantial. 

Time and again I've written about how great I am. When clearly I'm not. Life's really difficult not because you have heroes to worship but mediocrity to compete with. And it is for such reasons why I find it difficult to come to terms with things. Psychology I believe is one of the most under rated sciences of our times. Yes I've indulged in the occasional messing of the mind… the psychological warfare, but yes the hunter becomes the hunted at times. On a totally different matter there are people who have the power to bullshit you right to your face. You know excuses are something that should actually be believable and well have some truth to it.

So my word of advice, well think about yourself, philanthropy is overrated. The art of bullshitting is something you need to develop, so that people think you're smart. Other than that, a very very old friend told me that pretenders are far worse than actual enemies, cause they will eventually screw you. And being solitary is very liberating.

"One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope."

No comments: