Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Coffee and Cigarettes

“We have a double standard, which is to say, a man can show how much he cares by being violent - see, he's jealous, he cares - a woman shows how much she cares by how much she's willing to be hurt; by how much she will take; how much she will endure;”

One of the best things in life is making a decision that can change the course of your life. Now as we grow a lot changes, but the way people think doesn’t one bit. You spend years trying to build up a life, defining principles, and it takes one wretched Friday for someone to trash it.
On the next front there are people who have an innate ”keera” of being unhappy, no matter how perfect their life tends to pan out they’d dig into the past to find out a way to crib.

I don’t believe that the world is out to get me, but I do believe that people have this insecurity that tends to hold people, my biggest hurdle is myself, I’ve willing given the others the authority to walk over me but ignore the people that care for me the most.

For the people with double standards, well not everything that starts with a double (D) is always good. It’s ok to dance in public at a mehndi, but going to a dance party is socially unacceptable. Bad are those people (from specific religions) who buy booze from the wine shops but it’s ok to book a 10k room in a 3 and a half star hotel to enjoy a solitary glass of scotch. Affairs are a good thing as long as you can keep it internal, but that doesn’t happen, I was constantly asked what would I do if in his shoes, my question what did he does in his own shoes?
That was the easy part; the toughest part in life is waiting. Waiting for an answer while life crumbles around you. There is nothing you can do but wait, it’s a sacrifice you make but in reality it’s a sacrifice you make of yourself. The quest for peace continues...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THIS BLOG !